11 May 2015

WATCH: Delhi Cop Hurls Brick At Woman Who Refused To Pay A Bribe


In a shocking display of police brutality in New Delhi, traffic cop Satish Chandra hurled a brick at a woman in Delhi's Golf Links locality after she reportedly refused to pay a bribe for Rs. 200 on Monday as her children watched in horror.










My kids were with me,I didn't give him (traffic police cop) money that is why he thrashed me: victim

The video, uploaded by Focus News, also shows the traffic cop twisting the woman's hand in front of her children. She was identified by Times Now as Manjeet Kaur.
"I want him to get the strictest punishment," she told the channel.
"He was asking me for a bribe. I told him to give me a fine slip or send the notification to my house. He said it doesn't happen like that. He kicked my scooty. He broke the meter of my scooty with a brick," she said.
Condemning the incident, Delhi police chief B.S. Bassi told the media that the cop had been suspended and an investigation has been ordered. Following widespread outrage, Chandra was arrested by the Delhi police on Monday afternoon.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi told Times Now that the constable should be retired. "He needs to be out of the service," she said. Lalitha Kumaramangalam, chairperson for the National Commission For Women, said the cop should be "sacked" immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment